Ads 468x60px

Sunday 22 January 2012

Alpha/JYP Audition Experience and Happy Chinese New Year 2012

Hi everyone!



FIRSTLY, DO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @MUSICNAS FOR MORE LATEST DREAM HIGH AND KPOP UPDATES! I AM ALSO A MUSICIAN AND A BLOGGER!
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL NASMERTHEGUITARIST
TWITTER LINK---> https://twitter.com/#!/MusicNas
YOUTUBE LINK---> http://www.youtube.com/user/NasmerTheGuitarist



It's been a long time since I blogged I know, apologies because there has been a lot of work for me to burn of my list of stress schedules haha :p.
Before I go any further, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO ALL!
새해 복 많이받으세요. 모두들 건강 행복한 2012년 이되길바래요 ! 
( Please receive a lot of luck and blessings this new year and have a happy and healthy life for the year 2012 )
Correct me if my translation is wrong. I am not a Korean however I do learn Korean Language. My vocabulary is still quite limited though :X.
Okay this post will be mostly concentrated on my experience on the JYP/Alpha Audition. A reader which goes by the name of "lala" which can be seen from my chatbox on the right requested me to blog about it so yeah, I'll blog about it for you and for everyone ^_^. Hope it will be a good blog.
This photo was taken from the Member's Audition in December 2011. It was a good experience thought the waiting time can definitely kill your sanity if you do not know how to manage it. However, it was all worth the wait.
Arrived at MDIS Queenstown Campus, which is the Audition's venue, went to proceed on to the Auditorium there. I was thrilled to see so many participants/auditionees taking part in the audition. Of course though, they all have dreams of becoming a Kpop Artiste with some being stronger. For me, I have a very strong passion for this, I practiced my song with high effort and hardworking to pull of a good audition performance to the judges. By the way, the judges are all from Korea who have trained professional and popular artistes like TVXQ, SNSD , SHINEE, etc etc.
Criteria they were looking for
1) Hardworking
2) Commitment
3) Attitude
4) Talent
These are what i know but I do not know if there may be more, so always do your best at the audition and show your best attitude there to show a good impression to the judges. You can apply these to future auditions in Singapore, By the way, if any of you do not know, Alpha Entertainment will have auditions yearly in Singapore. So yes, do get prepared but as said, there is no need to put in too much money into singing/dancing/other genres just for this audition. However, of course if you have the passion for singing, dancing or the genre you want, you can of course take lessons.
Okay back to in view as 1st person of me... Arrived there 8.30am, oh yes very early to wake up as need to warm up vocals, etc etc and to make sure i don't get a starving stomach there. Waited in the auditorium for my turn.
We were called in groups of 10 and 2 groups were called into the small room by the side of the auditorium at once. So yes, of course, the tension gets higher and nervous levels rose. Then we all sang and dance. I got to tell you, Singapore DO HAVE TALENT. Some had some really good vocals and dance. Then I sang FT Island's Sarang Sarang Sarang 사랑사랑사랑 there. I sang till finished which ended around 50seconds + so i was quite happy.
Side-tracking, I also went for the Miss A Audition and sang Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri and i knew I definitely sang 1 minute full as i did practiced and record myself and when they cut me, it was around there.
It's a good sign but of course, it does not mean anything. To me, just a motivation i guess :p.
Okay back to main story, sang through it, done, we say thank you and that's it.
Results would be out in late feb to march though so it was kinda ">_<" for me for the results haha.

Haha before the Alpha/JYP audition, I attended this 'Ace Your Audition Workshop' by InQueenz by Genecia Luo assisted by Qiqi.
I did not know that my clothes which i thought did suit me really did not suit me. :(
I do have to agree my old long hairstyle as seen in the image makes me look dull till now with my new hairstyle I look more fresh and better. Haha I think i had the most photoshoots there >_<! Needed to keep changing clothes. Side-tracking, I think looks(image) is part of commitment so having good quality there helps in the audition. Then they told us to sing, which i did expect, but still shocking haha.
Yeah so bought a few things before the audition which i sacrificed a lot of my $$ for T___T. However, worth it not only for the audition but as an individual.

See me in the front row in white shirt? Haha I appeared in TNP ( The New Paper ). Argh i think i was smiling like an idiot hahaha >_<! 
Then 14th January came the Alpha/JYP Audition. The atmosphere there was more intense and the seriousness level that I feel or can be felt by everyone was really really high. Called me weird or what, but seeing the eyes of some of the individuals there they had that "hunger" for the audition. Of course, I had too as really practiced so hard. I can hear some super awesome vocals being sung in the auditorium, did not know who it was, but that girl was good. Even in the toilet, people were practicing there haha.
Okay so as usual had to wait for my turn but this time was even much more longer waiting time. darn. haha.
Went in and sang Aerosmith I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. One different thing in this audition is that instead of 20 people in the same room ( 2groups ), there were 30 people, so the tension is even higher.
These are the songs i sang for the audition.
I think that is about all I am going to say.
There has been many repititive questions about the audition so will type some of the answers to the questions.
1) Those shortlisted, are they in Alpha/JYP already?
Answer: No, being shortlisted doesn't really mean anyting, except they will have an advantage.
2) Will more people be shortlisted?
Answer: Yes, more will be added into the pool of shortlisted contestants
3) When will the results come out?
Answer: Around late feb, but in the 2010 auditions, it came out in march. So it is possible to be released in March.
4) How will you be contacted?
Answer: Phone/Email. Be patient haha ^_^. Fightiiiing!
5) How will we know who are being offered contract/shortlisted?
Answer: You could check out Alpha Entertainment's Facebook Fanpage.
If there are any questions, do feel free to ask by emailing to me at nasmer@gmail.com or chatbox or comment box of this post. Might have missed some. 
However, remember I am not alpha's staff, or know everything about the audition. So, I DO NOT know everything. I repeat, I DO NOT know everything about the audition. 
The best way is just to wait for Alpha's Entertainment announcement on their Facebook Fanpage ^_^. It's what I am doing now.
If there are any errors on this post, do send me in an email or just comment.

Do share your experience in the comment box of this post or chatbox ^_^
Thank You
Nasmer
Signing Off


Links:
Alpha Entertainment Website: http://www.alphaent.com/
Alpha Entertainment Facebook Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alpha-Entertainment/125883630767631
Alpha Entertainment Twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/_AlphaEnt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey MusicNasx! This post is awesome! Gives me a great overview of the auditions :p. Can I suggest maybe intro us by blogging kpop/english songs you like? Maybe I will like/love it ><!

Post a Comment

Please Comment.

Followers